The top-10 most fallacious arguments of materialists
So, what are they? Here is a list...
Copyright © 2014 by Bernardo Kastrup. All rights are reserved.
- Because we cannot change reality by merely wishing it to be different, it’s clear that reality is outside consciousness.
- Reality is clearly not inside our heads, therefore idealism is wrong.
- There are strong correlations between brain activity and subjective experience. Clearly, thus, the brain generates consciousness.
- Because psychoactive drugs change subjective experience, it’s clear that the brain generates consciousness.
- Because we are separate beings witnessing the same reality, reality has to be outside consciousness.
- The separation between consciousness and unconsciousness is dualist nonsense.
- Because reality behaves according to strict, immutable laws, it cannot be generated by consciousness.
- To say that a collective unconscious generates reality is equivalent to saying that reality is outside consciousness.
- The idea of consciousness generating reality is too metaphysical.
- Why would consciousness deceive us by simulating a materialist world?